Thursday, January 22, 2015

Long Time No See!

Long time no see, everyone! After a pretty lengthy hiatus from painting, where I spent most of my time transcribing, I'm itching to get back to my painting!


I've also finally set up a simple website that you can see at DonnaAtkins.com if you care to visit.

And I'm WAY behind the times when it comes to setting up a Facebook page, but I've finally done that, too!


I recently came across these photos of me and my mom, posing in my old apartment with my wall of animal portraits. Back in the 70's, chalk pastels were my favorite medium.

I hope you're all staying warm this winter! We've had cold temps, but not much snow, so I'm not complaining!


I've been making sure our bluebirds have mealworms, our Sammy squirrels have peanuts, our woodpeckers have suet, our regular birds have seed...


... and that there's always water in the heated birdbath.


(which sometimes gets used as a hot tub!)

Enjoy what's left of January!

Donna

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I have been wondering how you have been and glad to see you posting again. I also liked your Facebook page so I can keep up with news there. I love watching the birds in winter, we have a lot of large bluebirds this year and only one pair of cardinals, since he is so territorial, he chases the others away.

Debbie

Merlesworld said...

I like to look after the local birds too, some are here all the time.
Merle.