Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Mind's Eye...

Here is little Baby, looking oh-so-innocent... But believe me, when I go into my office to paint I have to shut the door behind me or this little darling insists on:  a) plunking down on everything I'm trying to paint, b) trying to drink from my dirty paint water, c) attacking my graphite or tracing paper and shredding it to pieces, d) trotting through puddles of paint on my foam plates, or e) all of the above!  I'm sure any of you who have kitties know exactly what I'm talking about!!

So once I've locked Baby out, art should burst forth, according to plan, with no interruptions, right? Ummmm, not so much.

Right now I'm in the beginning stages of my latest project for Penny Lane...

In my mind's eye, I know exactly how I want the finished pieces to look. Whether my mind's eye cooperates with me is another story. Most times when I come up with an idea, I envision exactly what the finished project will look like. And once in a while, the finished project actually does turn out exactly as I had imagined it would (dare I say once in a blue moon it even turns out better than planned!). But more often than not, I'm afraid, my pieces fall far short of what I hoped they would look like when finished.

This is a snippet of the very beginning phase of a different project I just turned in. Thankfully, this was an instance where I didn't cringe at the finished piece. In fact, I quite liked it. 

Ditto for its mate. I just love it when that happens!

Wishing you all a lovely, creative week!!!

Donna

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi Donna,
I have two ragdoll cats who love to come and paint, yes they try and sneak in the diry water too. On the odd occasion I have forgotten to close my paint palette only to return to multi colour footprints all over the table and floor :o) Can't imagine life without though. Hugs,