Monday, March 7, 2011

And it takes this long because...

I am ashamed to say that it's been FOUR months since I posted anything on my art blog! We've had a lot going on lately, and I definitely get sidetracked (way too easily!) But it's time to check in and say "hi" to everyone! We survived a LONG New England winter, but the end is finally in sight! This is Baby, the newest member of our family. We adopted her back in August when she was six months old.
It's been a l-o-n-g time since we've had babies in our house. I forgot how they are into everything!
Here she is, "helping" me paint my latest submission.
To say that everything takes ten times longer with her helping is an understatement! But it sure adds to the fun! haha
These two pieces were too big to work on simultaneously in my little studio, so I brought them out to the dining room, which is where I worked when I first started painting (same table, too!). I could never get rid of this old trestle table. It is covered with my spattered and spilled paints, with paint and glitter from the girls' crafts and school projects when they were little, the indentations of letters and numbers from long ago when Amanda learned to print with a death grip on the pencil (thank goodness for soft pine), the little tooth marks from Courtney when she would lean forward in her high chair and try teething on the edge, and even her initials carved underneath the table. Of course I didn't know about that until many years later when Courtney told me, figuring there was no longer a chance of getting in trouble over it! Yeah, I'd say our family history is written all over, and under, this sweet table.

So if Baby will ever let me get back to work, I might just get these paintings done one of these days!!


Hopefully it won't be 4 months before I post again!


Have a wonderful week, everyone. After all, spring is just around the corner!!!


Donna

2 comments:

Abi said...

Your cat is absolutely gorgeous! the paintings are amazing too!

Toyin O. said...

Love your painting, your cat is also cute.