Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Amanda and I made a quick run to the Cape today and it was the most gorgeous, crisp, autumn day! (Jill, this post is for you because I know how you would LOVE to be here if you could!)

Since we were right on 6A, we decided to stop by the Edward Gorey House in Yarmouthport. After all, Halloween and Gorey go hand-in-hand!


I love the wreath and crow on the front door...


The front porch did not disappoint! I just love everything about his house... the style, the grounds, the location. It's just perfect.


This photo is so neat with Amanda's reflection in the window and the blue jar on the windowsill...


I think Mr. Gorey would approve.


The Doubtful Guest was all ready to go trick-or-treating with his jack-o-lantern bucket. I hope he gets lots of goodies!


Amanda and he had a lovely conversation. She admired his bucket and he admired her purse. I believe they're now on a first name basis!


And there was one last stop before heading home. I mean you can't go to the Cape without visiting one of the beaches, no matter how cold the day!

Happy Halloween, everyone!.... Donna

No comments: