Friday, October 2, 2009

Cottage, Folk Art, and Primitive....

I love all of these styles. I still feel most comfortable when painting primitive and folk art styled pieces, but now that I decorate my own home in a more shabby/cottage style, I am taking baby steps toward using a lighter, brighter pallette in my paintings than I have in the past...


I'm also trying to branch out and paint something other than my standard sheep and saltboxes (which will always be among my favorite subjects to paint)...


But I think all artists enjoy stepping outside their comfort zone from time to time... These are the finished pieces that I showed you snippets of a while ago. I was going for a "cottage" feel, but I still see a heavy folk art influence (is "cottage folk art" a style?)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend... It's been COLD here in New England lately! Hot coffee and tea weather for sure!

Donna

2 comments:

sonia said...

Salve mi chiamo Sonia, sono bellissimi i tuoi quadri, romantici! a presto sonia

WoolenSails said...

Those have such a nice soft look to them and I like the trompe L'oeil look. That would be nice to paint onto a wall area.

Debbie