Monday, August 10, 2009

A sneak peek....

... at what I've been up to lately (totally out of my comfort zone, I might add!)




On occasion I've attempted flowers (most times, with dismal results)... But since I now decorate my own home in a shabby cottage style, I thought it would fun fun to be able to hang at least one or two of my own designs. So here are snippets of my two latest attempts, now at my publisher's.
When I grow up, I'd love to be able to paint flowers like my good friend, Jill! Or at least take lessons from her :)
Wishing you all a wonderful week... Can you believe we're almost halfway through August? I don't know about you, but here in the northeast I feel like we were cheated out of summer this year... It was SO rainy and cold for the first month and a half! I plan to enjoy what's left of it!!
Donna

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your flowers looks great, can't wait to see the whole thing. I used to do tole painted flowers, but way out of practice.

Debbie

Louise said...

Hee hee in England we feel cheated of summer EVERY year these past few years. dear dear, it's nice to see some pretty things to cheer me up!

BlackCrow said...

From just these little sneaky peeks, your flowers look very pretty. I'll have to drop by more often to see how the paintings develop.

Tasmania had 4 days of summer last year:(