Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ocean view...

I just finished adapting one of my e-patterns ("Ocean View," originally painted on an old wood ironing board) to fit a standard print size for my publisher.


I was about three quarters through the project when these photos were taken, but it's since been finished and was shipped off to PLP a couple of weeks ago.


Now I need to decide which project to start next. I've finally got a lot of design ideas running through my head instead of drawing a big blank!
The humidity is due to lift so I think we're in for some beautiful summer days - warm and dry! Wishing you all beautiful summer weather... and wishing I was "Ocean View" right about now, but painting the ocean will have to suffice (which reminds me of this great quotation):
"One day I found myself saying to myself, "I can't live where I want to. I can't even say what I want to! I decided I was a very stupid fool not to at least paint as I wanted to!"
(Georgia O'Keeffe, 1887-1986)
Donna

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

The painting came out beautifully.
I need to start painting some boards for over the doors, need to do some new things around here.

Debbie