Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One of my "bestest" friends!!!









I am so excited to be able to share a small sampling of the artwork of one of my absolute best friends, Jill Ankrom! Jill and I met about 10 years ago while designing decorative painting books. Ours is definitely a friendship that "was meant to be." (We share the same likes, dislikes, the same thought process and career path, not to mention the strange hours we keep!!)

Jill's work is so beautiful and unique. If it looks familiar to you, it's probably because in addition to her prints, Jill's art has been licensed for use on many different products including wallpaper, dish sets, and on the cards, gift boxes, tags, and wrapping paper at Target every Christmas! All of Jill's prints are available through Penny Lane Publishing. I'm lucky enough to have her signed print, "Hope is the thing with feathers," hanging in my office. (That's another thing she and I share - our love of quotations!!)

I hope you enjoy this small sampling of her work. If you'd like to contact Jill, you can e-mail her at straycat@roadrunner.com
And since we both love quotes, Jill, here's a special one I found just for you...
"Toto did not really care whether he was in Kansas or the Land of Oz so long as Dorothy was with him."
~The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, 1900

Donna
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~ Marcel Proust

2 comments:

Amanda Atkins said...

I love Jill's stuff! And I see a bell jar!!! I get excited every Christmas time when all of her stuff is on giftwrap in target. (and I personally know that she is very sweet.)

vintagepaletteart said...

I thought this face looked familiar! I own a small shoppe in Gnadenhutten, OH and one of our good customers is Jill's mom Maura. She has talked about you often Donna and said what a good friend you are to Jill. I've met Jill a couple of times also at shows. We just love her art and have bought her framed prints to sell in our shoppe. I have to find a Target so I can get some of her other things!

It was nice finding your blog tonight! I will stop back again!

*Lori