Sunday, March 16, 2008

"I Sought You Out"

I want to share one of my daughter's most recent paintings titled "I Sought You Out." (copyright Amanda Atkins)
Amanda paints as much with her heart and soul as she does with her brush. She's an amazing artist, full of ideas and creativity. She embraces color. Her love of animals, birds, and all of God's creatures comes through in her work. There is a gentleness and a kindness that I see in all of her paintings. I am in awe of both her and her art, and I feel like I can learn so much from her.
Amanda is graduating from art school this spring and I'm certain great things are in store for her.
Since she just wrote about Georgia O'Keeffe on her blog, I'll end this entry with a Georgia O'Keeffe quote: "I can't live where I want to. I can't even say what I want to! I decided I was a very stupid fool not to at least paint as I wanted to."
Happy painting to my fellow artists. Always paint as you want to!
Donna

2 comments:

Amanda Atkins said...

Thank you so much for this, Mom! I love the Georgia O'Keefe quote you ended with. So true!!! Love you!

Rima said...

Hello Donna, hooray you've begun a blog! I wish you much success and fun and adventures with it :) Thanks so much for linking me too... I'll pop over and add you now to mine :) I think your work is marvellous.
Happy blogging :) take care .. Rima